Bawburgh has worked very hard to ensure it provides excellent facilities for juniors and beginners alike, as well as top-class coaching and a friendly, safe playing environment.
Already a holder of the GolfMark High Achiever status, the first in Norfolk to reach this standard, Bawburgh has now been recognised for all it’s efforts on a national level.
Thanks and congratulations for the hard work and effort of all our staff, members, teaching professionals and associates. To have been nominated for the award and win the official title of Club of the Year is an outstanding achievement for our club.
“Bawburgh Golf Clubs Offers the Ultimate Package
for anyone looking to get started” – England Golf Union
What is GolfMark?
GolfMark is a national scheme that identifies and recognises junior and beginner friendly golf facilities. The three key areas within the golf club which are assessed are:
- Coaching & Playing
- Club Environment (including sports equity & ethics)
- Child Protection & Duty of Care
Benefits of GolfMark for Golfers:
- A structured environment in which to develop as a player and a person .
- A fun, enjoyable, welcoming environment.
- Access to appropriate levels of coaching and competition.
- To be part of a game that will teach them respect, social & life skills, discipline, honesty, integrity, motivation and much more.
- Creating a structured pathway into adult membership.
Benefits of GolfMark for Parents:
- Junior friendly clubs can be easily identified, assisting parents, especially those who do not play golf.
- Reassurance that the needs of children have been thoroughly considered and addressed.
- A safe and organised environment for their children.
Key Statistics from the GolfMark survey to accredited golf clubs:
57% Have experienced an increased awareness/recognition of their facility in the local community
65% have received recognition and support from current members/different sections of the club’s membership
51% have experienced an increase in membership
85% have accessed funding/grants since achieving the award